Dogster getting REALLY slow?

2»

Comments

• Danielle LocklearDanielle Locklear StatesvillePosts: 3,919Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Thread "Just wondering, who can do bonelss days?" In the raw forums is showing Lily & Moira as the last posters, but they are nowhere to be seen on the last page. Also when I came to this thread, page 4 did not load. It stopped at a blank screen where the postings are supposed to be. And the number 4 was cut off the page list. I've had this issue pop up more than once this morning in numerous areas including the public forums and group forums.
  • Danielle LocklearDanielle Locklear StatesvillePosts: 3,919Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    That thread is working now...I wonder how long that will last. :-/
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoPosts: 1,743Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Hi, OK, we hear now that some people are having problems that occur all over the site. The frustrating thing for us is that we can't replicate anything like what we're hearing on any of the testing computers we have which replicate a couple dozen browsing environments. Does anyone use skype? If you did and were open to letting us watch you surf the site we could see what's happening to help us detect how we could fix what we're not seeing from here. you can email me at ted @ thisdomain dot com with your user name and we can set up a time to watch you surf the site.
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Hi, OK, we hear now that some people are having problems that occur all over the site. The frustrating thing for us is that we can't replicate anything like what we're hearing on any of the testing computers we have which replicate a couple dozen browsing environments. Does anyone use skype? If you did and were open to letting us watch you surf the site we could see what's happening to help us detect how we could fix what we're not seeing from here. you can email me at ted @ thisdomain dot com with your user name and we can set up a time to watch you surf the site.
  • Brittany WoodBrittany Wood DaltonPosts: 7,144Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Having problems over here too.
  • Ron CurranRon Curran Posts: 520Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Ted I have "TeamViewer" on my main computer here at work. If you have that I can give you a password that you can use to get into it. Let me know if this will work for you guys.:-h
  • susan Daviasusan Davia Posts: 20,007Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    hmmm,what happened to our messages?...our settings are ok,but nothing is coming in..only thing that comes/came through is a dogster blog that was pst marked at 4:06am and a hit or miss alert that I have a pawmail,but beyond that nothing,prompting dogster or catster to be silent as a church mouse...no activity....:-O
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 July, 2010
    Group page codes wont save in edit either now.... been getting Woof! In order to register you must enter the required values to proceed. The following fields are missing: Your group's name Your Admin Message Your group's welcome text Your group's tagline The groups ARE registered.. and have tried older and new Group page codes... No joy.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

edited 21 July, 2010
    it is very slow as well to change images on ones page...if a member has more then 1 member and wishes to change images for an event,it can take now up to an hour to do it all...:-k Soem groups run images to enhance the group/s...this makes it hard to do this when changing images take far too long...
  • Dale PageDale Page Posts: 36,728Member
    edited 21 July, 2010
    :))Well...carp:)):)) Now I cant' send pal requests! And I was sure Helga & Ellie sent the carp duster airplane over with all the Flea-B-Gone stuff:))!:))!
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Clover: I just tried to send a pup pal request....Didn't work. Just came back to the same page. I don't know what is up with that, maybe it is fleas!:))!
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Hi, We are working on the pup pal request problem. The group admin issues should be fixed now too. Let us know how forums work for you today. Are they faster or slower or the same? Any wonkiness with posts not showing up right away? We are trying something to fix all this. Thanks, HQ
    edited 22 July, 2010
    well still no message alerts...a few pawmail alerts come to my email addy but beyond that it seems as if dogster went silent since we get no alerts from our groups...Our settings is marked "send to email",but nothing..:-O... Reading my messages in my group page,is really not an option when I am a member to so many groups,the last time this happened,I moved many of my settings this way and since I get no alerts that I get these messages,they get forgotten...."Send to my email" is what I prefer but that is not working!:?
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Pup pal request is fixed now. We will check the group messages emails.
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Pup Pal works great! I think it is better than before, that is before the break down.:)~b~
  • Mary FataMary Fata Oakland Gardens/BaysidePosts: 2,740Member
    edited 22 July, 2010
    I have heard barking that group mail is not working. Woof woof!:q
    edited 23 July, 2010
    [All email message bugs are fixed] Hey all, thanks for those that got back to me directly. We've got a good idea about what is causing the slowness that many are describing and a big-brain solution to make slow forums and group issues go away. I estimate it will be another 7-14 days before we can deploy it on all out servers. We detail the problem more in the below link. Please read the update I wrote in the Site Update Also please note if you don't think the problem you are experiencing are addressed the site update linked to above, then please email me at ted at /* dogster */ dot com or use the Contact link in the footer. But if you post them here I'll assume you doing it to compare notes with each other. :-h
  • Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 27 July, 2010
    Ok now I am unable to upload pictures! I have tried all different file sizes and it still WILL NOT WORK. I click upload and it just says uploading and NEVER STOPS! I give up! :?
  • CJ JohnsonCJ Johnson RetfordPosts: 32,402Member
    edited 29 July, 2010
    Why is it that when I click on the Gift box I get Pup Pal Request popping up?:-k Any ideas?
  • Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 29 July, 2010
    Natcho... two of my pups have that problem... I emailed support and after a few tries they got one loaded for me, but that is only a short fix... you should email them and tell them about this problem as well. I have a large family and only TWO of mine don't work.