Back to School Contest!

Jo WiggintonJo Wigginton Posts: 211Member
edited 26 August, 2010 in Plus Contests
Unfortunately, summer is now coming to an end and holidays are coming to a close. Many members here will be heading back to school, college, uni or work after a nice long relax. A fun photo contest might be just what we all need at this dull time! Post a photo of your dog as if it were his or her first day at school- they could be wearing a tie, a backpack etc. They don't need to be wearing anything- they could be posing with books, pens, notebooks... anything school-y! If your dog doesn't like to sit around for photoshoots then feel free to edit a photo. Everything welcome, use your imagination and be creative %:D% There will be 3 winners, each will win a forever star %:D% Tag your entries as 'backtoschoolcontest' without the quotations and no spaces to enter your photo. To view the current entries click HERE %:D% Only one entry per family member, but all family members are welcome to enter %:D% I think that's about all- I look forward to the entries, have fun everyone!

Comments

• Savannah PearmanSavannah Pearman RentonPosts: 19,052Member
    edited 16 August, 2010
    :-k we don't have any school supplies at home. :-k i will try to think of something.
  • nadine schommernadine schommer WisconsinPosts: 10,652Member
    edited 17 August, 2010
    Looks fun! I'll try and get a picture!:-h
  • Nicole FoxNicole Fox PawsvillePosts: 3,777Member
    edited 17 August, 2010
    :))!:))! You lucky Americans! :)), I've been going to school for ages still, we don't get our Summer break till the end of November. It's winter here, but soon it'll be Spring. The contest sounds fun, I sadly have plenty of school supplies :)). Hope we can still enter, if we are allowed can't wait :D.
  • Jo WiggintonJo Wigginton Posts: 211Member
    edited 17 August, 2010
    Sheeba, I never thought about that! I think I just assumed the whole world had their summer holiday at the same time, but I suppose you would have it during your summer :)) :)) That's so strange thinking about summer starting in November :-O Of course you can still enter though =; Noel, you don't necessarily need to photo with school things- you could just use any old stationary, or fiction books... anything which makes you think 'study' i suppose. Keep the entries coming :D
  • Melanie ElmoreMelanie Elmore TupeloPosts: 6,455Member
    edited 17 August, 2010
    Off to tag!
    edited 17 August, 2010
    I have a great idea then. =;
  • Aimee BittingerAimee Bittinger SeattlePosts: 5,683Member
    edited 18 August, 2010
    Sounds like fun. Sienna has a backpack. When is the due date?
    edited 18 August, 2010
    I\'ll probably choose the winners about a week from now- I may leave it a bit longer if there aren\'t many entries by that time though =;
    edited 18 August, 2010
    Got my picture tagged. =; :))
  • Cassie RCassie R Posts: 7,413Member
    edited 19 August, 2010
    Could they be wearing a bandana?
    edited 20 August, 2010
    I don\'t see why not Howard :-h Please enter pups! Remember edited pictures are good too :o)
  • Ann RiversAnn Rivers PennsylvaniaPosts: 13,434Member
    edited 20 August, 2010
    I'll try to find a good pic...;)
    edited 21 August, 2010
    entered!
  • Kathleen TruaxKathleen Truax Posts: 12,839Member
    edited 21 August, 2010
    I tagged my picture for the contest~a~
    edited 22 August, 2010
    Tagged :D%:D%
  • Lindsay WalkerLindsay Walker Posts: 27,783Member
    edited 22 August, 2010
    ;c; COOL!! ;c; Off to tag!
  • Trina JulienTrina Julien SanfordPosts: 36,752Member
    edited 23 August, 2010
    tagged my picture I want to play ;c;;c;;c;
    edited 24 August, 2010
    Love all the entries =; The contest will be closing tomorrow, so those still wanting to enter should get your entries in now!!
  • Linda VinceLinda Vince Posts: 20,179Member
    edited 24 August, 2010
    I entered.
    edited 24 August, 2010
    Am I to late
    edited 25 August, 2010
    You\'re fine Jay Jay jr =; This contest is now closed! No more entries please! :D Sending out rosettes to all who entered, the winners will be chosen later on today :-h
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Thanks for the rosette, Milo! ;c;
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Milo thank you for Tosha and Jay Jay's purdy kite. %:D%%:D%%:D%%:D%~a~~a~~a~:xo:
    edited 25 August, 2010
    You are both very welcome :D I\'ve picked out the winners, it was really tough so I\'ve given out some special mentions too. It\'s clear everyone put effort into getting their pictures, and they all turned out great. Well done to all of you! The three winners of forever stars are; Buddy, Sugar and Sienna And special mention goes towards; Chaz, Jeannie and Noel who will also recieve a little something on their pages. Thank you everyone for your entries. I\'ll say again you all did a fantastic job and I really enjoyed judging it. :-h
  • Kathleen TruaxKathleen Truax Posts: 12,839Member
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Congratulations to all of the winners=D> Thank you so much Milo for the special mention gift, that was so sweet and generous of you:D
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Thank you so much! Congrats to all the others! =D> I just changed my main pic to my sand face...have to hang onto summer a tiny bit longer. I love wearing my backpack but I don't want to go back to doggie school, no thanks! :))
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Thanks for the prezzie Milo!!! I love it! :D Loved everyones entries and congratz to the other winners!!%:D%
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Congratulations to all the winners ;c;;c;;c;=;=; =D>=D>=D>
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfPosts: 63,337Member
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Thank you for choosing me as one of your winners!! ;c;;c;;c; Congrats to Buddy and Sienna, and to the honorable mentions. =D>=D>=D>=D> All of the pictures were great! =;
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Congratulations to Buddy, Sugar and Sienna and the other special mentions. Thank you for my special mention gift.