Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

help us

William LoughWilliam Lough Warren,Packard ParkPosts: 2Member
edited 1 January, 2011 in Get Well Soon
We just got Penny then I Lost my job. I am trying to find help with her medical. She was pregnant when we got her. The vet said she was to far along to abort,we have no idea if it is her own breed or a bigger one that got her. The people that had her just dumped her out in the street and didn't care what happened toher. So the vet said she would need a c-section because of not knowing how big the babies will be,Please help us she is a good little girl.

Comments

• Autumn PottsAutumn Potts Posts: 704Member
    edited 7 November, 2010
    Im confused as to what you need help with?
  • Jen SJen S MAPosts: 350Member
    edited 7 November, 2010
    How can we help?
  • William LoughWilliam Lough Warren,Packard ParkPosts: 2Member
    edited 9 November, 2010
    We are trying find help with her medical which is goingto be over $1000 and help finding good homes for her babies. The Vets we go to is giving us a discount but it's still not enough. I lostmy job and we don't want tolost her she desire s a chance. Any help is greatful, Thanks
  • Autumn PottsAutumn Potts Posts: 704Member
    edited 9 November, 2010
    I hate to be the breaker of bad news, but if you can't provide proper medical attention, you might think about rehoming her. She's going to need a lot of effort, money, and all the pups are going to need shots, and technically you should spay and neuter them all so that this thing doesn't happen to someone else. I'm a college student and can't help with money. But you may want to try asking around with family members and stuff. I don't know of a lot of people on this site that will actually give you money... sorry. :( Good luck though! Let me know how things go!
  • Jack's PackJack's Pack AustinPosts: 4,608Member ✭✭
    edited 12 November, 2010
    There are a number of Boston Terrier specific rescue organizations throughout the nation that may be better equipped to provide proper veterinary care Penny and her puppies. Do you want help networking to find a reputable rescue organization willing to accept her?
  • JULIE REYNOLDSJULIE REYNOLDS St. LouisPosts: 10,984Member
    edited 17 November, 2010
    Look into Care Credit. It is like a credit card but you use it only at the vet and it is interest free as long as you repay within a certain period of time. I know somewhere in the forums, there is a list that someone posted with organizations that can help with vet bills. Try searching for that. Good luck! |bb|
  • Melinda BMelinda B Posts: 1,628Member
    edited 27 November, 2010
    I second the Care Credit suggestion. I used it what my cat Furman ate some thread off my sheets and had to have surgery. Good luck with Penny...she is beautiful.
    edited 25 December, 2010
    Please update us on Penny. Our pack has had their paws crossed for her. |:|
    edited 1 January, 2011
    We're still hoping for an update on Penny. |:|