oh Texas!! Need help for a Wheaten- you know those scruffy terriers...Thanksgiving weekend

Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
edited 26 November, 2010 in Dogster Railroad
...Also needed AZ and FL!!:-h from my fellow transport coordinator: "I just want to start off by saying that we have some of the best volunteers out there!! Baz is looking to make it to his Furever home in Naples, Florida next week. We just need a few more volunteers to help Baz along his 2,000 mile journey. There is a lot of real estate to cover in Texas and we need your help!! Here is what the Map looks like, please take a close look at it!! BAZ's MAP If you are traveling for Thanksgiving or are off for the Holiday and want to help Baz get to his furever home please email me. Thanks Again! Meghan" ~~~~~~~ I'm hoping a few Texans are around and can help get Baz. Also, it's a holiday weekend, so hopefully he could catch a ride with some holiday travelers?? Thanks Tiffany ETA: We have stopped transport for this weekend. We couldn't find anyone for TX. we may get a 2nd chance next weekend, and if so I will start another thread. THANK YOU to all that volunteered to help.

Comments

• Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
    edited 20 November, 2010
    please feel free to pass along- we are trying to keep Baz out of the shelter.
  • Jim SumrallJim Sumrall NorthwestPosts: 3,236Member
    edited 20 November, 2010
    Just sent an email if you could use my help through NW Florida :D
    edited 20 November, 2010
    thank you Shane!!
  • Bella and Daisy BeautifulBella and Daisy Beautiful Posts: 5,136Member
    edited 21 November, 2010
    Me too! Yay! A transport headed my way!
    edited 21 November, 2010
    AWESOME!!!! Anyone know ANYONE in the TX area- HUGE gap there!
  • edited 21 November, 2010
    Emma, if it was the week before christmas I could do it. Unfortunately I am flying to texas for thanksgiving, not driving. If you still need someone from either austin or houston to new orleans on dec. 20th I will be heading home that day by suv.
    edited 21 November, 2010
    thank you Harlow, I definitely keep that in mind ;)
  • Cheryl KennedyCheryl Kennedy Mobile, AlPosts: 20,897Member
    edited 22 November, 2010
    I live in Mobile and would be happy to help
    edited 22 November, 2010
    Thank you Zach! Email Meghan, she\'s looking and searching hi and low and waiting for that last minute save for Baz. Anyone in Texas for the Holiday? Feel free to cross post!
    edited 23 November, 2010
    Because of awesome dogsters we are getting there, just need to find someone, anyone to fill up Texas. Contact Meghan ASAP!|:|
    edited 23 November, 2010
    ok, we are stopping the transport for this weekend, we may try for next weekend. I\'ll post here again if we DO try one more weekend. Thank you for those that offered, Meghan should be getting a hold of you shortly. Enjoy your holiday everyone.
    edited 23 November, 2010
    Aww that's a disappointment... hope Baz is safe:(
    edited 23 November, 2010
    I haven\'t heard one way or the other, but I hope so. |:| I\'m hoping Meghan gets to try again. It\'s so hard organizing these transports, the ups downs, trying to scramble and find volunteers, getting maps, locations meeting places, watching over transport explaining to people that you have to be really careful cause the dog could spook. My hat is off to those people who volunteer to drive and those angels that organize them.:c9
    edited 24 November, 2010
    You're right Emma, I sometimes think that organizing these things is more stressful than actually doing it. A little suggestion though, maybe next time the route could be broken up into legs instead of showing the entire route. People may be more inclined to step up if they know how far they're expected to travel, and they can always volunteer for multiple legs if that is their wont.
  • edited 24 November, 2010
    Emma, I left you a p-mail.
  • Caren CorkinsCaren Corkins Posts: 4,567Member
    edited 24 November, 2010
    I'm in Texas, but farther south than you're going...San Antonio. Titus has been a fabulous transport help, also.
    edited 24 November, 2010
    Thank you guys. ♥ Yes, I do like to break them up myself, but each coordinator has their own way I guess.:D
  • Avis WardAvis Ward Posts: 5Member
    edited 26 November, 2010
    Hello, I'm in the Dallas, TX area and I can do a leg. The only weekend I am not available is Dec 9 - 13. I got one of my dogs off a rescue transport, so I'm always willing to help when possible.