Swollen area related to itching?

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
edited 6 January, 2012 in Dog Health
Gypsy Road has been itching like crazy lately. So has his brother. We've been treating them with over the counter products and baths. It seems to work for Jack, but I just noticed a swollen area on the under side of Gypsy Road...between his testicles and "little jr.". He seems to be urinating fine though. It seems to feel hard though. It is possible that it is related to the itching or should we try and get him into the vet today? I'm worrying because the last bump I found...on Farrah...turned out to be cancer and I can't emotionally handle that again.

Comments

• Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 5 January, 2012
    Ok. I just checked Jack and he has the same thing, so it's either normal for the breed or it's related to the itching.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 120,700Member ✭✭✭
    edited 5 January, 2012
    its a normal guy thing

_Dogs Welcome,People Tolerated _

edited 5 January, 2012
    Is it? He's pacing, going outside every hour to urinate, and has been in his crate five times today. That's more than he normally does. Jack is fine, but Gypsy is still swollen. If it was a normal guy thing, wouldn't the swelling have gone away by now?
    edited 6 January, 2012
    Well, I found another swollen area...on the left side of his ****. Just found it about an hour ago. We're calling the vet at eight and see if we can get him in today. I can chalk the first area up to being horny or itching, but the second area? I don't know. We don't need bad news though. :((:((