POTP for Gypsy Road please!!

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
edited 8 January, 2012 in Plus Power of the Paw
Mom here: Gypsy Road and Jack have been itching like crazy lately. We have been treating them over the counter for it and they were given baths. Jack seems to be responding good to it, but Gypsy Road is still itching. He really won't let me get the medication onto the area that he is itching...on his stomach and around the sensitive area. Well, I went to try and put some on him this morning and noticed a hard, swollen area between his testicles and penis. His vet doesn't open until at least eight this morning...and I will be calling them then...but I am freaking out here. The fact that it's hard and swollen scares me. The last time I found something like that...was on Farrah and it turned out to be cancer. I can only pray to God that it's in relation to him itching, because I can't handle another furbaby with cancer. I'm already crying here because I am so scared. Auntie Kim took them both out this morning and she said that it looked like he urinated alright, but to keep my eye on him throughout the day as well as trying to get him in. So if you can start the Power of The Paw now and pray that it is something simple, curable and easily treatable....we would really appreciate it. I did post what is going on in the Health Section as well, but if it turns out to be something worse than just a simple reaction, I don't know if I could handle it emotionally. :((:((:((:((

Comments

• Beth BBeth B FlemingtonPosts: 256Member
    edited 5 January, 2012
    Thinking of you and Gypsy Road and hoping it's nothing bad. Hang in there and please let us know how you make out at the vet. |:|
  • Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 5 January, 2012
    I spoke to them. We're going to watch him today. Thing is, Jack seems to have it too, because I just checked him. Either they're both sick, or it's in the breed, or it's because of the itching. We're going to have to bathe them again and hopefully Gypsy will let me get the gel medication on him. He is urinating normally, which is good, and eating, running around and hopping even, which is why we're watching him...well now them. If it's not gone by Monday...at the absolute latest...they will both go in. |:|
  • Lya AshleyLya Ashley SmethportPosts: 5,878Member
    edited 5 January, 2012
    Sending prayers your way Gypsy! |:| Keep us posted!
  • Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 5 January, 2012
    You are aware that male dogs, even neutered, have a gland about halfway between the **** and tip of the penis which swells and is what holds the tie when they breed. If the dog is excited in any way this gland will swell, even with the penis within the sheath. It feels very hard and is about the size of a large walnut on my mini poodles. Actually, there is one gland on either side of the penis yet they usually look like only ONE when swollen. As for being excited... it doesn't take much...many of the male dogs we groom have this gland swell just from cleaning the hair from around the end of their penis. And, yes, even neutered dogs have this as well. I just had Toto lie down so I could look at him and it was all swollen and hard just from me lifting his leg to take a look. Hopefully, this is your guys problem. Good luck!
  • Jean DeSenaJean DeSena Posts: 7,304Member
    edited 5 January, 2012
    Hope all is well with you pals.:f :B Bumps make the best of us worry.:B What Toto mentioned sounds likely,hope that is the case.=;
    edited 6 January, 2012
    I hope that is all it is. Toto, would it remain swollen or shrink down, then swell up again? He has been itching a lot...in that area...so that is a little bit of a concern. He was also urinating every hour yesterday. We're still going to take him in, but if that is all that it turns out to be, then it will be an embarrassment, but at least we would know that he would be alright. He's not fixed and no, I did not know that information. That has never happened before and we've had him for six years now. We still would rather be safe than sorry, but I will be extremely happy if that is all it is. He does need treatment for the itching anyway. |:||:||:||:|
    edited 6 January, 2012
    It just keeps getting worse! There is a swollen area, on the left side of his ****...that I JUST found! He's definitely going in today. :(
  • nathalie zeulevoetnathalie zeulevoet Posts: 5,016Member
    edited 6 January, 2012
    |:||:||:||:||:|
    edited 6 January, 2012
    He sees his doctor this morning, at 11:30. Auntie Kim has to go into work because her co-worker woke up sick to her stomach. It's alright though. The vet is just over on the next road and is a real short walk from here. So I will let you all know what the vet says.
  • Scooter_Trudy_BillyScooter_Trudy_Billy SevernPosts: 84,783Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 January, 2012
    I'm sending lots of PoP for you! I hope you feel better and the vet has the answer to make you better too! |:||:||:||:|
    edited 6 January, 2012
    Thanks Scooter. |:||:|
  • HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,357Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 January, 2012
    Hope all goes well at the vet! |:||:||:|

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• Angel_LexiAngel_Lexi Duluth,MNPosts: 29,607Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 January, 2012
    |:| Gypsy Road |:| Any update yet?
    edited 8 January, 2012
    Yes. It is just severe allergies. Severe enough that he was give a prednisone shot at the vets, along with his two shots that were due and antibiotics. Thank god it's nothing serious. He's reacting to the antibiotic, but we have that under control.