Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Jack's got a lose tooth

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
edited 1 May, 2012 in Dog Health
Jack and Gypsy Road were playing pretty rough last night. We were trying to split them up. We heard Jack yelp. Didn't notice anything last night, but notice this morning, we noticed that one of his front teeth is lose and pointing outwards...like he has overhang. He ate breakfast this morning and was barking last night, like there is no problem. Tried to call his vet this morning and they are not in, so we'll be calling on Monday. It only hurts him when we touch it, so we aren't touching it. We just want some ideas as to what to do until we get a hold of his vet. We won't be able to get him in until Friday anyway, but my room mate doesn't think that it will kill him or anything. It just looks uncomfortable, but like I stated, he is eating and barking, doing his normal things. No negativity please. I'm not in the mood in for it. I want answers that may help us until he is seen. Thanks.

Comments

• Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 21 April, 2012
    I would try to find an emergency vet clinic that can see him. IF that tooth is dislodged but not fractured, it is likely that it can be put back in the socket and will tighten back up and survive, BUT...in order to succeed, it has to be done ASAP. Good luck!
  • Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 21 April, 2012
    We don't get paid until Thursday and don't qualify for Carecredit. I don't think they will treat him until then. What do we do about that?
    edited 21 April, 2012
    Just got off the phone with the Emergency Vet. He said that Jack should be alright until Friday. The guy also said that if Jack is eating and acting normally, then he will be fine until we get him on Friday. We are to watch him and if we notice anything, then get him right away. He also said that if the tooth needs to be removed, the vet is more equipt to do that, over the Emergency Vet. So I guess that is what we are going to do. We'll watch him and feed him soft foods and I'll call his vet on Monday. He doesn't seem to be in pain unless we touch it. Right now, he is smiling and stuff. We'll keep you updated.
  • Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 21 April, 2012
    Jack, maybe if you are lucky it will tighten back into the gum itself before next Friday. It could certainly happen if it's in the right alignment. I'll think good thoughts for you!!!!
    edited 21 April, 2012
    It's not in the right alignment. It's basically on it's side, but in the front. It's hard to explain. It almost looks like he is trying to lick it out, but if the ER vet isn't worried, then we're trying not to worry. We've got dog aspirin for any pain and he's eating soft food for now and we'll call his vet Monday. Until then, we're watching him and trying to keep his brother away from him. Thanks though. Definitely keep you informed. K|:|
    edited 23 April, 2012
    He's got an appointment for Friday, at 11.
  • Tod KnudsenTod Knudsen MovillePosts: 3,793Member
    edited 1 May, 2012
    i had a dog that had a loose tooth that just finally came out. It took awhile and he was able to eat and everythimg also. My guy was a rescue that came with bad teeth so it was not a surprise he lost them. I am sure your dog has been to the vet now but please post what you found.