It is confirmed...Jack needs surgery

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
edited 28 April, 2012 in Plus Power of the Paw
Apparently his teeth aren't so great, so he's going to have the dislocated tooth removed, and have a dental cleaning. Hopefully no more teeth will be removed. Just that one. Auntie Kim is going to look over the estimate and then call them tomorrow. I knew this was going to happen and it scares me to death. They told me that they do a light sedation, and no one has passed under them, which is good. He would be coming home the same day, but it still scares me, as he is my baby.

Comments

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,357Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 April, 2012
    I'm sure Jack will come through all this just fine but I understand the worry. I worry like that , too! We had a dog that had a tooth removed and no problem. Annie has had her teeth cleaned several times under sedation and was just fine. Fingers & paws crossed that all will be well! |:|

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

• Angel_LexiAngel_Lexi Duluth,MNPosts: 29,607Member ✭✭✭
    edited 27 April, 2012
    |:| Jack |:| I'm sure you will do well but do understand the worry. I have had dentals and everything went well. Try and remember they do these all day long with no problems|:|
  • nathalie zeulevoetnathalie zeulevoet Posts: 5,016Member
    edited 27 April, 2012
    he will be fine....vets know what they are doing even with the reql old doggies...big hug to jack|:||:||:||:||:||:||:|
  • Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 27 April, 2012
    Jack is only six! LOL No seriously, I'm trying not to worry, but I can't help it. He's my baby. You see, the boys picked who are their favorites and while Gypsy Road latched onto Auntie Kim, Jack latched on to me. I have heard stories of pets dying while being under for a dental cleaning. This is what scares me the most. I don't have the emotions to go through this right now. If we lose him...I don't knwo what will happen. Maybe I am being over anxious, but I can't help it. |:||:| Mom
  • nathalie zeulevoetnathalie zeulevoet Posts: 5,016Member
    edited 28 April, 2012
    it's rare jack.....one out of a million,especially with the things they use now... when misty was nine she had breast cancer...when they put her under the normal Anesthesia she got a huge seizure...it was awful... i had her body in my hands and i helt her close...so they woke her up right away(yes they can do that)and than they used a special gas Anesthesia..that was for senior dogs and it went fine after that...so talk to you vet about your fears,they can help you to fell ok...