Alaskan Husky as a Service Dog

Preston KutzPreston Kutz Posts: 1Member
edited 13 April, 2013 in Alaskan Husky
Hi, my family recently rescued a puppy about 3-6 months old from an abusive family. I'm in the Army stationed in Hawaii at the moment waiting on my MED Board to go through. I Have a number of physical and mental issues that are the cause for the MED Board, and because of that I want to train her (Pyper) to be a Service Dog. If anyone can give me some help, tips, and possible trainers that are willing to train an Alaskan Husky be much appreciated. I know they are breed as working dogs, so the though of training one as a Service Dog wouldn't be far fetched. But every trainer that I've talked to so far has said no, and their main reason being they look to much like a wolf :( So any help and tips would be appreciated. Preston

Comments

• jaime martinezjaime martinez HemetPosts: 4Member
    edited 13 April, 2013
    husky wouldn't be a great choice for a service dog, although very intelligent they have a mind of their own and ultimately do what makes sense to them. plus they love to run any chance they can get.