Help! 3 dogs living together

Hannah LloydHannah Lloyd Posts: 1Member
edited 14 March, 2014 in Chihuahua
Hi all I have 3 chihuahuas, 2 male and 1 female. We got our female chi first and when she was 7 months we decided to get her a friend, so we got our first male chi. We got him at 5 months old and he'd had a bit of a rough start but he settled in really nicely. The 2 of them had an amazing bond and were absolutely perfect, we've had both of them de sexed to ensure no accidents happen etc. around 5 months ago we decided to get our 2nd male, we also got him at 5 months old from a breeder. He was very shy and timid when we got him home and things seemed ok. He's a nervous little dog and always thinks you are telling him off even when you speak to the others. Over the last few months the 2 boys have been battling for alpha male status, our 1st boy has always been alpha male but now the 2nd male wants to be alpha. Our 1st boy has gone from a very outgoing 'wild' chi to a more timid dog, he takes himself to his bed in our bedroom when the rest of us are cuddling on the sofa or he sits by the door on his own or behind the sofa. He's very cautious when you give him a treat or his dinner, and the bond between the 1st boy and girl has gone. The 2nd boy hasn't been de sexed, do you think this would help? We are to the point where we are considering re homing the 2nd boy as I need to think about my 1st boy and I can't see him like this, but we love the little boy and it's breaking our heart. Any advise would be great Thanks