Spam posts

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
edited 16 May, 2014 in What I Love About Dogster
Can something be done about all of the spammy posts in the forums? It's really getting out of hand!

Comments

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,662Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 May, 2014
    Farrah.... I have answered you many times on this.You have never replied to the explanations. Please... try to understand. Spambots can create 1000 posts is seconds. EACH post has to be NOTIFIED.., then notified THREE times by different IP addys. THEN removed. Lori has to remove them by hand.. then BAN each single IP addy.. but which time there are 100 more. This is down to slaymedia ignorance and neglect for over 2 years. Lori has removed as many as 600 a week.. and she and John were ignored when help was requested. People like me.. and a few others spent HOURS Notifying and bumping legitimate threads .. PLEASE .. feel free to do the same !!! I and the few.. basically have given up.. though I do try a do a few Since slaymadia have dumped us anyway.. NOTHING is going to change.... but as it will be a new site eventually with a new partner.. it WILL go away ... one day. I hope you read this.. and perhaps Notify and Bump legit threads.. and understand that it is a help.. and that hopefully.. yet again.. this explains.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 16 May, 2014
    I haven't been on much, but there is a difference between spam bots and regular people doing it. This is why I haven't been here much, so no, I didn't see your responses. But SOMETHING needs to be done because do you REALLY think that EVERY post on dog health forum is a spam bot? I don't.
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,662Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 May, 2014
    There are THOUSANDS of spambot posts on here Farrah. Its been going on 18 months.... Email HQ.. but you will get the same kind of explanation from Lori. HQ do not read all the forum posts.. if you have a problem.. best to email then at [email protected] NOTHING CAN be done... the site is broken... sad but true. There dozens of posts also in the forums explaining all this... this site will cease to be once the "new partner" takes over and your guess is as good as anyones when that will be. Not one single penny will be spent on this site as it stands.. The All Paws Bulletin Group is where 100's of pages of posts are and where the info is re all of this. That was also posted and has been posted in many places. Hoping this all makes more sense now. There is also nothing to stop you Notifying any post you are not happy with in a Forum...If you think a post is wrong... then use the Notify button and report it. |:|

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page