looking for breed ideas

2»

Comments

• Vicky ChanVicky Chan MarkhamPosts: 3,542Member
    edited 24 January, 2015
    B'Elanna, funny you should suggest that I get rid of Chris and get the dog. The way our relationship has been going lately, I'm kinda heading in that direction. :)) All through our relationship, I let him have whatever he wanted and allowed him to get away with certain things. I'm starting to think that letting me have my dream dogs is the least he could do. :-k
  • Leah C-Leah C- Posts: 11Member
    edited 12 April, 2015
    He's WAY TOO picky, aha. Wheaten Terriers, Schapendoes, Bearded Collie, Stag, Briard, Berger Picard, Mudi, Old English Sheepdog, Brittany, German Wirehaired Pointer, Curly Coated Retriever, Pumi, Puli, Cavalier, Welsh Springer Spaniel, Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen, English Springer Spaniel, Portuguese Water Dog, Kerry Blue, Boykin Spaniel, Clumber Spaniel, Australian Shepherd, Lagotto Romagnolo, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, Irish Water Spaniel.... I'm just naming breeds here, aha.
    edited 12 April, 2015
    Just an update for everyone. Chris and I are no longer together. ;c; Now I don't need to worry about a man interfering with me getting my dream dogs. :p
  • Carolyn DavidsonCarolyn Davidson WashingtonPosts: 990Member
    edited 19 May, 2015
    Yoshi why not look into a White German Shepherd Dog? I never thought I would want one but then I met my buddy Casper that I am currently fostering from a local shelter. He is a White GSD mix but he is such a laid back boy. I have been fostering him since February of this year and he has been a true joy other than his storm fear which he is being treated with meds for. He may end up becoming a foster failure for me if things keep going. He has been doing well with his training and in less than two months was fully house trained crate trained. We have learned that he cannot have chicken as he is apparently allergic to it though.
  • Robin MedellinRobin Medellin Posts: 5Member
    edited 23 July, 2015
    IMHO, you're going about this all wrong. Look for a dog suited for your lifestyle, and you'll fall in love. The cute puppy in the picture could turn into a nightmare if you're unsuited for it's needs. And remember, when you find your dream breed,look for a BREEDER not a puppy, meaning look for a breeder who suits your interests, not an available puppy. I.E. say I'm looking for a German shepherd, and I'm best suited for an American Show line German Shepherd, meaning one with low drives and medium energy. I end up getting a European working line,meaning one with high drives and high energy and I am way in over my head with a dog vastly unsuited for me. Be careful. Please.
    edited 23 July, 2015
    Rilou, the dog won't be happening for quite a while dear. I live on campus and they don't allow pets, so I likely won't be getting a dog till I graduate or get into another serious relationship. :-k
  • 2puppies2puppies Posts: 1Member
    Why dont you look at akita inu? Coat hair is not to long, also they dont shed too much. They dont have problems with barking like smaller breeds