Pedigree and all three dogs had runs this weekend

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
edited 9 December, 2014 in Food & Nutrition
I did a little research and found out that Pedigree is killing some dogs and making others sick! Gypsy Road, Jack and Candi all had runs this weekend with Jack having a case today and Candi having a case a little while ago. Going to get them beef/chicken and rice for the next couple of days but what do we switch them to now?

Comments

• Nicole KoleszarNicole Koleszar Posts: 2,761Member
    edited 8 December, 2014
    What is the source of this information?
  • Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 8 December, 2014
    edited 8 December, 2014
    consumeraffairs.com isn't exactly a credible source.
  • Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
    edited 8 December, 2014
    How did I know you would say that? Doesn't matter. They aren't getting Pedigree anymore. I don't need your approval. Plus, if you read other forums here, members also say to stay away from it. I just want to know what other foods I can give them.
    edited 8 December, 2014
    I never said that you needed my approval for anything so I don't understand where that came from. There are literally thousands of dog foods on the market, pick one or narrow it down by posting what you're looking for or what you'd like to stay away from in a dog food. We already know you'd like to stay away from Pedigree, but is there anything else we should be made aware of? Offering additional information will help people be able to offer you some suggestions.
  • Aleasha CasarettoAleasha Casaretto ColleyvillePosts: 512Member
    edited 9 December, 2014
    Looking at Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition for Dogs Dry Dog Food, I can immediately tell you that for a senior dog, it is too high in protein, too low in fat, too high in fiber, too low in Vitamin E and too low in Vitamin C. I don’t know about your other dogs, but I can tell you that Jack needs to be on a small breed senior dog food that is low protein, high fat, low fiber, high Vitamin E and high Vitamin C. I recommend Hill’s Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Small Bites.
  • DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 December, 2014
    No need to get defensive. We are just trying to help by answering your question. :)