Corgis?

Anna KateAnna Kate Posts: 5Member
edited 17 March, 2015 in Choosing the Right Dog
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I am looking into getting another dog now that our old dog has passed away. I've done a ton of research on different breeds, and am looking for something medium or smaller. Anyways, right now I'm think Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Anyone have some experience they'd like to share of the breed? Some pros and cons, things to expect, what I would need to know, etc.? Thanks!!

Comments

• DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    edited 12 March, 2015
    The only thing I know about Corgis, is they're very cute. Maybe someone else will jump in. :w)
  • Sarah SmithSarah Smith Posts: 66Member
    edited 12 March, 2015
    Haha! They are very cute! And they are working dogs. They need a lot of energy burnt off and good socialization. The ones I have met tend to be very attached to their owners and shy of people they don't know. I don't have one myself, but I've known quite a few. I really think the right socialization as a young pup would help with that.
  • Anna KateAnna Kate Posts: 5Member
    edited 17 March, 2015
    Okay- thanks! I'll keep researching, I'm now considering adopting a dog from the local humane society instead. Thanks for the replies! :)