5 month old puppy showing aggression now

Becki ClaypoolBecki Claypool Posts: 2Member
edited 17 March, 2015 in Choosing the Right Dog
we have a mountain cur/lab puppy that is about 5 months and aside from the normal puppy behavior has started showing signs of aggression toward my 3 & 6 your old. She attacked my 3 yr old when he was playing with his truck on the floor and made his ear bleed. He wasn't near her she was on the other side of the room but came running over growled and lunged. She then got my 6 yr old last week when she was walking to our garage with a sled. She grabbed her Arm and my daughter couldn't get away so she basically backed out of her shirt and ran away. My first instinct is the puppy needs rehomed with someone that can utilize her hunting skills and has no kids. I asked a Friend that works with animals thru a shelter what she thought yesterday and she said that under no circumstances should I leave her alone with the kids and when we are outside and she acts like this to put her in the house in her kennel. However I'm having a hard time with that, first of all we are outside people and we got a dog to have a family member pet not to lock her up all the time because i can't keep my hand out to stop her from getting my little ones. Can you recommend anything from what I told you?

Comments

• Shannon NelsonShannon Nelson Posts: 4Member
    edited 17 March, 2015
    My first thought....Is she getting enough exercise? Have you been socializing her with other, well trained dogs to help her learn from them? Our guy is a 15 month old puppy but I can tell you that if he doesn't get the proper exercise every day, he can be a handful!!~d.. Are you able to take her to puppy classes or have her assessed?