Adopting a new dog 6 months before new baby?

Jenny CollinsJenny Collins PortlandPosts: 712Member
edited 19 March, 2015 in Choosing the Right Dog
Hi, so I am not looking for a new dog, but I kind of stumbled across one that I am having a hard time letting go of. It seems like he would fit in perfectly with my current family and he gets along with kids, so it shouldn't be a huge issue when new baby is here. Am I crazy for wanting to adopt this dog?I little about my family, I already have two medium sized dogs, they are both calm and only need a 30 minute walk a day. This new dog is described as calm, likes to lay down and hang with the family. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!! I think I am being crazy and I just can't get another dog before I have this baby but I can't get him out of my mind.

Comments

• DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    edited 19 March, 2015
    If you think you can handle it, then go for it. A new baby is a lot of work and can be overwhelming at times, when your a new Mom. Keeping that in mind and considering how much help you will have should also be considered. Good Luck!