Is it possible to have a black spotted maltese?

Melanie WilliamsMelanie Williams Norman ParkPosts: 1Member
Bandit only weighs four pounds, he has long hair and he is white with black spots. I was told he is a full blooded maltese. Not a mixed breed. Can this be possible?

Best Answers

• McKenna buckMcKenna buck Posts: 689Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yuppers! I've seen black malteses before. It's totally possible!
  • Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
    Accepted Answer
    Coat and Color The coat is single, that is, without undercoat. It hangs long, flat, and silky over the sides of the body almost, if not quite, to the ground. The long head-hair may be tied up in a topknot or it may be left hanging. Any suggestion of kinkiness, curliness, or woolly texture is objectionable. Color, pure white. Light tan or lemon on the ears is permissible, but not desirable. -Thats from the American Kennel Club Standard set in 1964. Where did you pick up your pup. Who by the way is super cute. However I found this on another website, you might check this out http://www.foxstonemaltese.com/maltese_breed_history.htm "
  • Vivian AbelloVivian Abello West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 418Member
    Accepted Answer
    Your dog is a mix. Shih tzu or poodle mix. Maltese should be pure white, it is acceptable to have a off white or lemon color but highly undesirable any other colors then that and it is a mix. It size and features are that of a Shih tzu. Still cute though!
  • Maria CoriaMaria Coria perrisPosts: 20Member
    Accepted Answer
    I don't think so do the research, because i have seen that they only come in pure white. do some research on google.
  • Maureen ObzutMaureen Obzut Posts: 16Member
    Accepted Answer
    Bandit is absolutely adorable, but I believe it is mixed with maybe shihtzu or poodle. Maltese's are pure white, with maybe just a small mix of tan or dark tan on their faces.