Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

i have a dog who when we bought we thought he was a staff bull terrier but lately some has said he h

cross between staff and pittbull

Best Answers

• Lisa DudleyLisa Dudley Columbus areaPosts: 780Member
    Accepted Answer
    Without seeing a picture we can't really tell. For all practical purposes your dog will fall into the catch-all description of "pit bull" If you are in an area that has BSL you will have to follow the guidelines.
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    It would really help if we could see a picture of your dog. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about someone saying that he looks "like a cross between Staff and Pit Bull". First, most people can't tell the difference between an American Staffordshire Terrier and an American Pit Bull Terrier, since the two breeds are very closely related and share many of the same traits and characteristics. People generally call all of the breeds that look similar "pit bulls". Second, this might be someone who doesn't know what a Staffordshire Terrier is, so they see the dog and say, "That looks like a Pit Bull or mixed with a Pit Bull!" I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I've gotten some really dumb comments from people who supposedly know "a lot" about German Shepherds, like folks asking me if my purebred is mixed with Malinois because she's "so small" (she's almost the max. hight under the standard). And someone asked me if she was "mixed with K-9". Duh.