my dog is getting really old and i don't want her to dye! i have had her since I was 3 or 4! wat sho

Amanda ArnoldAmanda Arnold Grand Prairie, Arlington, FortPosts: 18Member

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    There isn't really a clear answer to this. But I would first like to say that having an old dog is a very sad, yet amazing experience. Older dogs carry a wisdom about them that younger dogs don't have. They are pleasant to be around and always love to do whatever you are doing. To help your dog live longer, just keep taking good care of her! I think some of the best things you can do to help a dog live longer (at any age) would be to brush their teeth every day with DOG toothpaste and a soft toothbrush, give them at least 45 minutes of active exercise every day, keep them indoors with you as members of the family, feed a good brand of dog food, and enjoy every single day you have with them! Keep your dog inside with you. She needs to feel included in your daily activities. Take her on lots of car rides to fun places that she will enjoy. Don't let her become overweight and take her in to the vet 2-3 times a year for a check-up. Enjoy every second you spend with her.
  • Accepted Answer
    "Dog ownership is like a rainbow. Puppies are the joy at one end. Old Dogs are the treasure at the other." -Carolyn Alexander Life has its limits. At some point in time we all have to deal with loss. It's never an enjoyable thing, but something that all of us have to deal with at some point in our lives. Just do the best you can to take the best possible care of your dogs while they are here with you! Spend as much quality time as possible with all your pets, take lots of pictures, and when they do pass, celebrate their lives through remembrance! That's all I can offer on this subject. Cherish the time you have with your dog. Regards,
  • Heather TorrenceHeather Torrence Rothsay, MNPosts: 10Member
    Accepted Answer
    As the previous posters have said yes take good care of her. But I just wanted to add take lots of pictures and write down all sorts of notes about things that your doing with her. It will make things alittle easier when she does pass. Take care.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    The way to help her stay around longer is to give her the best care possible. Study about taking care of dogs so you can do this. Enjoy every day with her to the fullest, because she may not be around the next day. This way, you won't fell guilty about not having "said goodbye" when she dies. Good luck.