My 5 mth old Basset will not stop biting our hands! I have given him all types of chew toys. how can

Best Answers

• April OwensApril Owens HarlanPosts: 105Member
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry, but I honestly don't have a clue. My husband's grandmother has a Shih Tzu that just turned a year old (my male's daughter!) and she ALWAYS bites our hands or feet or anything else she can get to when we first walk through the door. She's just playing but it hurts like crazy. We haven't been able to get her to stop yet, but maybe if you scold your pup and use positive reinforcement when he doesn't bite then he will learn. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I hope someone answers this question for you cause I want to know the answer too!
  • christina pricechristina price Posts: 56Member
    Accepted Answer
    biting from puppys that small is normal but you will have to break him from it or he will end up chewing your arm off...you should get him softer toys to play with and some harder ones so that he has a variety of toys to play with...when he bites your hands tell him NO bad dog! sternly but not to loudly so that you don't completely scare him to death and make him hate you... puppies are a challenge good luck...