Has anyone read the book stop the shots by john clifton me and my mommy read and think every dog and

areanna penaareanna pena cortlandt manorPosts: 2Member

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    I'm all for vaccinations, but I'm open to learning about another opinion.
  • Michelle BradleyMichelle Bradley CaliforniaPosts: 3,684Member
    Accepted Answer
    The movement to question shots and vaccinations is definitely picking up momentum. Jack had a very bad reaction to his rabies vaccine and we now rely on titer testing to keep him safe and also up to date with his dog license. However, there are many healthy, non-reactive (allergic) dogs whose owners are NOT getting shots because they don't feel they are healthy for the dog. In many counties, this has led to bans on titer testing for ALL cases, including dogs like mine, whose lives would be threatened if they were to be exposed to a particular vaccine again. For this reason, I urge those who agree that one initial round of shots is enough for a lifetime of protection, to HELP CHANGE LAWS instead of making it harder for those owners who truly have no choice but to do titer testing. What is happening is a result of good intentions causing a HUGE problem for a small population of dogs (and cats) who have no other options. Write to your local reps to make change!