Puppy chew toy

Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
want to get a chew gift for someone who has puppies. Is there something special I have to watch for? Should it be something softer, because of their teeth and gums? Would a bully stick work? Or Kong? Puppies are small breed (lhasa/poodle/maltese)

Best Answers

• Nancy HolwellNancy Holwell Posts: 61Member
    Accepted Answer
    I found a good article about dog toys...it gives a list of safety tips to keep in mind when picking out the toy. Found it here: http://dogtime.com/topics/81?breaks=2005_3763&slug=true&title=toys
  • Accepted Answer
    Some of the things I could think of were: Toys that should have supervison: -Fluffy toys -Squeaky toys -Rope bones -Bully sticks -SOFT, edible chews Toys that can usually be left with a dog safely: -Kongs (the soft, puppy variety) -Anything with tough rubber, no breakable/small parts, and no toxic chemicals. Best of luck! Puppies are so fun!