My dog is not trained on the leash every time we put it on he freezes what can I do?

Best Answers

• Brynley RossBrynley Ross RichmondPosts: 240Member
    Accepted Answer
    You could do this. Get your puppy hooked up on the leash in the backyard or something. Get a friend to go on the oppisite side of you in the yard get him or her to call your dog over using calm and encouraging vioce have a treat ready for your pup so he'she knows if I walk I'll be praised also, pat his/her belly to make him'her feel good. (You may want to start only a few fee at a time until you can do the full distance of the yard Sincerely, Leila♥
  • amy manningamy manning Posts: 10Member
    Accepted Answer
    Not sure what age dog you have but I usually start my puppies by clipping a short, light leash on and letting them drag it around. They learn quickly that there is no harm involved and forget its clipped on. In older dogs, I have punched holes in the handle end of the leash, stuffed a milk bone through the hole and clipped it on. They then associate a game/snack with the leash! Good luck!