Our boston terrier has some mental issue with tennis balls. Sits in one spot, completely still and g

Best Answers

• Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    some dogs love to chew. especially when they are babies and young adults. doesn't mean he is mental. You can buy him a small red/black kong, mine liked them when he was younger. Plus, you can take it away after a while and keep him busy doing other things, like a walk, or frisbee. He might like the Kong frisbee, they are hard to find, I think they float, and are good for teeth.
  • Chris TitmanChris Titman Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    My boston does the same. She loves balls, will play fetch until she collapsed if I allowed her to do so.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Mental issues? That one provoked a chuckle. Anywho... Dogs can chew to relax, to relieve stress, and when they don't get enough exercise. In this case, your dog is most likely relaxing. His chewing on his toys is actually good. As long as he has his own toys to chew on, he shouldn't feel the need to chew innapropiate items such as slippers.