I got my dog from the pound and they said she was a husky mix like a husky belgian malinois is that

Sarah LakeySarah Lakey SalisburyPosts: 52Member

Best Answers

• megan gatesmegan gates cliffwood beachPosts: 39Member
    Accepted Answer
    i see husky but the ears don't look like a husky or a malinois. both have prick ears (they stand straight up) so it may have something else. its hard to say without a whole body shot.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    There is no way to tell for certain (even DNA tests are not 100% accurate), but their shelter's guess on her breeds seems very accurate. I see Husky, and I definitely see Mali. However, I'd have to see a few more pictures to be more help, as both pictures on her page are basically the same.
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    The two photos on your page are really not good photos to judge her breed by - a good photo would be one showing her "stacked", like this - http://www.shawlein.com/The_Standard/13_Breed_Type/malinois.JPG That allows us to evaluate her build, which gives lots of clues to her breed. I can see why the shelter thinks she may be part Malinois, as she has a very Malinois-looking face in the photo on your page. But please post better pictures and then ask again, so we can better evaluate her.
  • Connor TaylorConnor Taylor AZPosts: 13,313Member
    Accepted Answer
    She looks very husky-mali in her last picture, but do you shave her? Both of those dogs have a lot of hair!! She might have some whipit or greyhound in her. I really hope this helps!