my great dane will not stop chewing on my window sills. so we put him back in his crate ,(he's almos

Sophia mcintyreSophia mcintyre belleplainPosts: 2Member
see how he would do and he ate some more of it any suggestions i'm getting desperate! i have used the bitter apple spray (i think he likes it now) i've bought the toys that are suppose to keep him busy but they are not working either

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    At pet stores, you can get a product called "Bitter Apple". It makes dogs not want to chew an object by giving it a bad taste.
  • Myndi DavisMyndi Davis LehiPosts: 215Member
    Accepted Answer
    We had this problem with our great danes. we felt too bad about leaving them in their crates all day, but when we left them out they would chew on the woodwork in the house. The problem was, we worked too much and they got bored. The best thing to do would be put him in doggy day care. I ended up going back to school so I am home throughout the day so we don't have this problem anymore.
  • Richard AtchesonRichard Atcheson Northern USAPosts: 3,570Member
    Accepted Answer
    I like the idea of doggy day care too. Otherwise, you should find a neighbor or professional dog walker to give him a mid day break from the crate.