I need a vet who will come into my home to put my beloved Jack out of his misery; any suggestions? J

Best Answers

• kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    The only thing you can do is phone around to different vets to see if they offer home euthanasia. My brother had his vet come to the house when it was time to say good-bye to his dog Keno. Keno was a big boy and my brother was laying him to rest in the back yard, so his vet respected my brothers concerns about transporting him back to the house. Saying good-bye to my dog Bear, I took him to the vets office because he was to be cremated, and God forbid same goes if anything happens to Deogie. Home or office euthanasia is a horribly thing for us but sometimes the best for our beloved pets. I hope you find a vet to help you say good-bye at home.
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    some of the vets will do it at your home, but since the drug is used for that purpose he most likely will say no. And any new vet will probaly say the same. You might get lucky, but since the drug is used for that you will get no's. Best to take him in or have a family member help you.
  • metta hansenmetta hansen borrego springs S. Diego deserPosts: 42Member
    Accepted Answer
    I had to euthanize a dog and a cat. Both vets had a traveling clinic in their trucks. I too, would call around. If you can find mobile vets, it may be easier to find one. I had both of mine euthanized at home. The dog and I were looking each other in the eyes as I gently petted him. He panicked if I went to the restroom. He really needed me there. I'm so glad I was, though it was one of the saddest days of my life. My cat was euthanized in my lap after a last visit to the great outdoors. (then we sat outside for it). It's such an important transition. You will never regret being there. Some people are scared. I was. But, as Cesar says, "For the love of a dog" (or cat). I commend you on your decision and wish you success in your hunt. Also, my most sincere condolences.