how do i register my yorkshire terrier online so i can recieve papers on proof of full breed so i ca

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    I believe you can do so on akc.org. Honestly, you'll need more than just papers that prove his being purebred. You'll need papers as proof that he has been tested by and passed genetic health tests by OFA (Orthepetic Foundation for Animals) and/or PennHip, CERF (Canine Eye Research Foundation), cardiac, thyroid, and others that go with his breed. You'll also need extensive knowledge on his pedigree/lines to determine if he is breeding quality, in addition to making sure that he fits his breed standard exceptionally well, and that he can do work (such as Agility) and do it well, and is thus structurally sound. And he has to have the appropiate temperament for his breed. It helps to have knowledge in genetics, too. Did you know that dogs can spread sexually transmitted diseases when breeding? Do you know how to properly supervise a mating? Do you have to knowledge to correctly raise a litter? There is a lot to it. As you can see, there is much more to breeding that most people realize. Breeding, even just studding, isn't exactly simple...far from it, rather. To gain all of the necessary knowledge, you need at the very least two years of very thorough research. And to spend time with a reputable and experienced mentor, as book-learning alone isn't enough. I've been studying dog breeding and the ethics involved for the past 3plus years myself. My website is an *introduction* to the world of responsible dog breeding: cookiemiller.tripod.com ~Tiffany, breeder-in-training
  • Tod KnudsenTod Knudsen MovillePosts: 3,793Member
    Accepted Answer
    Did you get papers from the person you got the dog from. The litter she came from would have had to been registered with AKC so that you can get papers on her. GO back and talk to that person and go fromthere