how can I get my dog spaded or neutered

I need to know where I can get my dog spaded or neutered for free. I have a female dog and she need to be fixed.I live on a fied income.I live in Nashville Tn. I would like a plce close to my home if possible,ok

Best Answers

• Rebecca LandonRebecca Landon Posts: 5,368Member
    Accepted Answer
    Call your local animal shelter or SPCA and ask them, or google low income pet spay in your area! Good luck! And kudos to you for doing right by your pet and finding a way to get her spayed!!! You should be commended for being willing to search instead of just admitting defeat!
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    I know of no organizations that will spay or neuter a dog completely free, although there are many that offer low-cost options. To find low-cost spay/neuter clinics in your area, call your local SPCA or Humane Society and ask them for contact information to low-cost spay/neuter clinics, or any spay/neuter programs offered in your area. Most low-cost places will charge you around $50 for the surgery, which is a steal considering spay surgeries can easily cost $300 or more, depending on where you live. In order to do the surgery, your dog also needs to be current on rabies, DHPP and bordetella at most places, although some only require rabies and distemper to be up to date or given at the time of surgery. If they can be given at the time of surgery, they are usually also greatly discounted.
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    Petsmart has certain events like that. Or your humane society can recommend a doctor. Or you can set a payment plan up for repayment over several weeks with a vet.