can i give my dog gas x

Best Answers

• Richard AtchesonRichard Atcheson Northern USAPosts: 3,570Member
    Accepted Answer
    If he is having digestive problems, I would talk to a vet before giving him anything. I seldom give a dog anything not ordered by a vet.
  • Rebecca LandonRebecca Landon Posts: 5,368Member
    Accepted Answer
    No. If your dog is having problems with gas, then it's usually a sign of something in their food not agreeing with them. You may want to try a higher quality food of a different protein/carb source, and of course with only quality grains (no corn or wheat).
  • Stephanie JonesStephanie Jones Posts: 261Member
    Accepted Answer
    Gax X is Simethicone, which is safe for dogs. It won't stop the gas though. It kind of lets the gas "bubbles" join together so it is easier to pass and less uncomfortable. If your dog seems gassy every now and then, no biggie. Like Aster said, if it's an ongoing thing, take a look at what your pup is eating.
  • barry goenbarry goen ColumbiaPosts: 23Member
    Accepted Answer
    You might want to consider switching to a different food. Lots of dog food is made with corn and as you can imagine, dogs are like humans in the fact that they cannot digest corn. Consider switching to something that uses rice instead of corn.