Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

what to get for the lab who has everything

Bam-Bam's best buddy at daycare is a 14 year old chocolate lab. This lab's birthday is on Saturday and we've been invited to a party for him. I am trying to think of what to get for him/the family as I know the family very well and adore them. I have a friend who is a photographer and I was thinking about seeing if she could come to my work some day during the afternoon and secretly take some headshots of the lab and edit them. She said it's absolutely doable by Saturday. What do ya'll think? Does anybody else have suggestions???

Best Answers

• Joanne JeffersonJoanne Jefferson Posts: 472Member
    Accepted Answer
    I think the photo idea is great - especially since he is getting on in years.... Of course, if he is a regular at the daycare where you work, a gift certificate might also be appreciated.
  • Jessica VockellJessica Vockell Hamilton, OhioPosts: 1,171Member
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Rusty. If it were my baby i would love some good pictures of him in his golden years. I would also look for a doggie spa or salon that can him the works...bath, rub down, just all around some good needed lovins and get a gift certificate.
  • Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    I did the photo for an older lab we board as a Christmas present last year... they were tremendously moved and refer to it all the time. They were especially happy cuz the dog's portrait showed her happy and alert and they somehow felt she sulked all the while she was here.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    Deogie has well goes to daycare, and it's amazing the extented family you have with everyone and all the dogs there. I recently went and spent a few hours at the daycare and took lots of pictures and video's of different dogs, especially the regulars. I came home picked a song and created a video for all the parents. My Day at Daycare was a huge success. The photo would be wonderful, everyone loves a great shot of their baby. Gift certificates for the daycare or their vet is another option. Whatever you decide I know the famiy would love it.
  • Teresa DiLengeTeresa DiLenge Posts: 78Member
    Accepted Answer
    A nice framed photo is always a good choice, but if you know a local artist, you might think about having a painting done instead. Sometimes an artist can capture an essence of their subjects in a way that a camera lens cannot...
  • Accepted Answer
    A bag of treats would be good, even homemade treats! The photo idea is good to. A gift card would also be good!
  • Accepted Answer
    I think a good photo in a nice frame would make a treasured gift.
  • ♥MaKayla♥ M-----♥MaKayla♥ M----- MissouriPosts: 324Member
    Accepted Answer
    I like the photo idea a lot!! I also think putting some treats in there with it would be cool too. Happy Birthday to Bam Bam!
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    find a doggie cookie place and get a big cookie with his name or age on it. Then for mom, she would love a doggie picture frame for the day later.:)