One of my American Eskimos is losing his dew claw. He lost the other one a year ago and didn't nip

Kelly LawKelly Law BuffaloPosts: 10,563Member
This time, he is nipping at me. I'm pretty sure that it hurts a little and it is bleeding a little, like a small human cut. My concern is the dew claw and his nipping. Do I call the vet or give it a few more days to see if it comes off? We have it wrapped, so that it doesn't become infected. This is what we did with the other one. He is four years old, 26 pounds and generally healthy. Let me add that his first dew claw bled a little and a trip to the vet wasn't needed then. If I can get him in on Thursday, what do I do until then?

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    I recommend calling the vet.
  • Tod KnudsenTod Knudsen MovillePosts: 3,793Member
    Accepted Answer
    yea if it is bleeding alittle i would take him to the vet to make sure it does not become infected or something.
  • Enzo FEnzo F Bark(off) the walls-dog parkPosts: 291Member
    Accepted Answer
    I would go to the vet. Enzo had his dew claw coming out and when we took him to the vet they took it out and put him in a cast for about a week. He looked so cute but couldn't really walk on it. Just take your dog to the vet as soon as you can because the earlier the better.