my 11 month of labrador retrever have teecks how to remove it & wich products is to be use to remove

I have consult my vet & he told us to vexcinat him for a teecks but it dus not works

Best Answers

• Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    to prevent is Frontline every 30 days. I have had some resistance to them last year. And to remove them to clear the dog of them is capstar, that is a one time thing to do to make them fall off from what I understand. Using a preventative such as Frontline is a good way of maintaining the problem.
  • Michelle BradleyMichelle Bradley CaliforniaPosts: 3,684Member
    Accepted Answer
    You may need to physically remove the ticks which are currently on him. Have your vet explain how to safely do this with tweezers and antibiotic ointment. Or better yet, have the vet remove the ticks then get your dog on a medication such as Advantage for ticks. There is no such thing as a vaccination against ticks, so perhaps your vet meant medication, or maybe that's what you meant.