I have 11 month of labrador retrever dog & I want to know wich is the good time to spay &him how oft

my labrador dog is 11 month old & he is male I want help on spaying him first time wich is the good time & how often he has to be spay & other details. I din find vet yet

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Ok...are you for real? If so then males are neutered. Once. Females are spayed..once. It is also known as desexing. Do it now!!! Prevent unwanted puppies. Have you not taken your dog to a vet ever?? If you are for real please consider whether having a dog is right for you. If you are a troll...then haha you got me.
  • Wendy DanburyWendy Danbury OrangePosts: 861Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there! Now is a great time to have your dog neutered. He only needs the surgery once, and you can usually find a low-cost vet through your local Humane Society. There are lots of other things your dog needs during his first year of life. Your vet will give him a checkup, make recommendations on his care and feeding, and - very important - give your Labrador Retriever his vaccinations against some dangerous diseases. Here is a link to a site with lots of information about spaying and neutering: http://www.barkrescue.net/spayneuter.htm My female dog, Katie, was spayed at age four months. My male dog, Rupert, was neutered at age five months. Thank you for being a responsible dog owner and taking care of this while your Lab is young!
  • Michael AlbeeMichael Albee Cedar RapidsPosts: 245Member
    Accepted Answer
    The time to have your dog neutered is NOW. Is is best to get it done before he is exposed to a female in heat! He only needs the surgery once.
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    It is a fine time to neuter him. Most vet offices do the neutering and it is safe at this age, good luck with it.