My Labrador retriever dog is 11 months of age. And his saliva is smeling how to stop this smell.

Well the question is my Labrador retriever dog 11months of age. And his saliva smeling. When he sits in a car or when he lick our hand our hand gets smeling. PLZ help me with this question.

Best Answers

• Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    If he has obnoxius odor then I would take him to the vet. A very bad odor is not really normal. Maybe there is something wrong with him that the vet has overlooked. Check his teeth out or have the vet do that also. Must be reason for a more stronger doggie breath
    Accepted Answer
    He may have ate something he wasn't supposed to and it has has to take its course. Did this just happen? If it's sudden, I would try giving him some pepcid (1 tablet) that's what my vet told me to give my Lab when he had an upset stomach...if that doesn't work, I would take him to the vet for sure, he may have some sort of digestion problem that pepcid can't fix. My Lab is 8 and his breath smells because of his teeth. I do what I can, but I refuse to put him under anesthesia to have them cleaned. I am not a VET so I would call your Vet first and ask about the Pepcid. That only worked for my dog. One other thing....check his mouth, he may have a foreign object stuck in his teeth and it could be decaying...he may have a bad tooth as well. Sorry for the long drawn out answer, I wanted to try and catch every angle of your question. Good luck and please let us know how it turned out.
  • Sheena HendersonSheena Henderson Posts: 1,181Member
    Accepted Answer
    Check out www.myPETfection.com. They offer a Breath Freshener Spray you can use to combat bad breath and plaque. All of their products are 100% Organic and Non-Toxic.