does diabetes can inkries because of dogs?

Bhavik vyasBhavik vyas MumbaiPosts: 7Member
1 Of my relative have diabetes & riessently his diabetes inkries havyly. His DR told him that it happen because of your dog.Is it tru?. PLZ Help me with this question. Thanks,

Best Answers

• Amy OsborneAmy Osborne EdmontonPosts: 1,907Member
    Accepted Answer
    ..no.. what kind of pet you have has nothing to do with.. diabetes... or if it does, that is news to me??
  • Diane RichardsDiane Richards MassachusettsPosts: 93Member
    Accepted Answer
    NO...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Your relative needs a new doctor! Or, your relative wants you to get rid of your dog!
  • Theresa HomanTheresa Homan Posts: 646Member
    Accepted Answer
    No, this is ridiculous!!! Don't take our words for it though, talk to an animal professional, or any doctor on the planet. They will tell you that this is bogus.
  • DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with the other posts. If anything the dog should help the diabetes, since part of the treatment is regular exercise which a dog needs on a regular basis.
  • Tod KnudsenTod Knudsen MovillePosts: 3,793Member
    Accepted Answer
    interesting, i would like to have the doctor explain this better because i don't see anyway it could be true.
  • Accepted Answer
    Diabetes results from the pancreas and insulin production. Obesity & diet are risk factors. You can not possibly "catch" diabetes from a dog...or a person. It is an individual predisposition that can usually (depending on if it's Type I or Type II) be controlled through diet, exercise, and insulin injections. I think your relative needs a new dr. or your relative is lying to you to get rid of your dog. i would call *BS* on this one!
  • Michelle BradleyMichelle Bradley CaliforniaPosts: 3,684Member
    Accepted Answer
    Having a dog has absolutely nothing to do with diabetes. Your relative should NOT RETURN to the doctor who told them this. This is not only not true, but it is so bizarre that it puts into question whether or not this "doctor" should be practicing medicine at all. If anything, there is a way that having a dog could HELP diabetics, especially Type 2 diabetics and that's exercise. Having a dog to walk several times a day encourages a person with diabetes to walk. Insulin levels benefit greatly from exercise because the muscles work harder to regulate insulin. But there's no way a dog itself can have any direct affect on diabetes.