How is the Dog-walking business in Savannah, GA?

Ellie BeinhartEllie Beinhart Washington, DCPosts: 13Member
I've decided I need a change. I am going to be moving to Savannah in Febuary, and in the interest of spending more time with my own dogs and in dealing with a species I understand better, I've decided to try and start my own dog-walking business. I have looked at the insurance and it all seems reasonably priced, but I have a few questions for my fellow dog owners, since I have never used a dog walker before: I was planning to charge 18$ for a base walk. If my customers sign a six month contract, (an hour a day, 5 days a week,) the price goes down to 15$. If the pet is a rescue, I was thinking of bumping it down to 12$. I was planning to offer jogging with dogs, if the dog is over 2 years old and has a clearance from their vet for soundness. (I would be conditioning the dog to run, of course.) I would offer in-home pet care during the workday for puppies and elderly dogs with three half-hour visits a day. So, does this sound solid? Would you hire me?