my 15 yr old pug loosing appetite, weight, vomiting. is the inevitable happening?

Best Answers

• Jessi KnicelyJessi Knicely KimballPosts: 272Member
    Accepted Answer
    he could be sick take him to the vet and discuss with your vet what your plan is when the inevitable comes be sure you are with your pug when he/she is ready to pass it makes it a calm and peaceful death
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Sounds like he may have worms. Best take him to the vet. Hope things turn out okay!
  • Roxy's MomRoxy's Mom Vancouver IslandPosts: 24Member
    Accepted Answer
    I am not sure if this is the inevitable happening. Loosing weight could be due to loss of appetite. Vomiting could be because the dog is hungry. Is the vomit bile? Stress can cause a dog to loose it's appetite. Whenever you dog is acting unusual, take a long look at your own life & ask, What has changed? Have you recently moved? A family member gone? Have you changed his food recently? Has he been let outside on his own & possibly digested something unfavorable? I would try him on some boiled skinless, boneless chicken breast with brown rice & grated carrots (cook carrots right in with the rice). A Bland diet may help get him back on track while waiting to get him into the vet, a.s.a.p! If it has been more than 24 hours since he has eaten, perhaps take him to emergency if you can't get an appointment with your regular vet immediately.
  • Cassie RCassie R Posts: 7,413Member
    Accepted Answer
    Sounds like he has a tick. The symptoms you are saying he has sounds exactly like a tick. Check all over his body, especially his ears for ticks. He could also have worms, which is a possibility. When did he start developing these symptoms? Check his whole body for bug bites, too. Drop a few drops of essential oils on your dogs coat (clove and peppermint oil) and rub all over the body except for the face and sensitive areas. Essential oils are great for warding off fleas, ticks and other bugs. They work great on my dogs. I don't ever see fleas or ticks on my dogs. Be sure to call the vet and have them take a look at your dog.
  • Tod KnudsenTod Knudsen MovillePosts: 3,793Member
    Accepted Answer
    No, but I agree, a good vet check is the best way to get an answer to what could be wrong. My 15 year old has had problems and with a visit to the vet he has come back and still going . I hope the problem turns out to be something small. Good luck to both of you.