My dog has liquid in his ear. Every time I try to get a q-tip he freaks. And he cries every time he

Jordan MichaelisJordan Michaelis San PedroPosts: 7Member

Best Answers

• Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    you could damage the ear by using a qtip. never insert anything into a dog's ear it is so much different then a human ear. seek vet medical attention immediately for ear infections. an ear infection has severe pain on and inside the ear, red, and hot to the touch. in the future use large cotton balls to clean off excess dirt. hope you feel better soon Cody
  • Anya LetsonAnya Letson Posts: 611Member
    Accepted Answer
    He doesn't want you to touch the ear because it hurts. A vet will tell you to flush the ear rather than using a q-tip. If this behavior has continued for more than a couple of days, you really need to see the vet. Best of luck!
  • Sheena HendersonSheena Henderson Posts: 1,181Member
    Accepted Answer
    Try using a wash cloth on the tip of your finger and sticking it into his ear. Massage back and forth. It should pull up some of the liquid. If he also shakes his head it will also release some. If the inside of his ear is red and irritated he also has an infection going on which could be why he cries when you touch it. If that is the case I recommend using PETfection Ear Cleaner spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and is wonderful at clearing up ear infections. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com. I highly recommend it and found it works much better than any cleaner the vet gave me. Hope this info helps, good luck!