Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Nervous about finding a doggy daycare..

Kaila ButlerKaila Butler VancouverPosts: 88Member
I have never brought Jasper to doggy daycare, but recently moved into a new living arrangement where no one is home during the day for him. I really think it would be the right thing to do, but not sure how to find a reputable daycare. What should I ask the daycare, look into about them? Any suggestions or advice?

Best Answers

• Saara FrenchSaara French Posts: 166Member
    Accepted Answer
    Going to a local pet store is a good idea. Ask them if they know of any day cares they'd send their dog to. Some questions to ask are 'What kind of training do you have?', 'How many dogs do you normally have at once? How many people work there?' 'What kind of exercise do they get? Are they just running around at the day care, or are they taken for walks as well?' 'Are the dogs left loose to socialize all day, are there quiet places where an overwhelmed dog can go to chill out?' You could also ask if you can contact any of their regular clients for references. Google often has reviews, and many have facebook pages now. Personally I would not feel comfortable leaving my dog at a facility that didn't require a meet and greet before hand to gauge the temperament of the dog in question. Good luck!
  • Sheena HendersonSheena Henderson Posts: 1,181Member
    Accepted Answer
    You might see if there is a Camp Bow Wow in your area... they are a franchised company and have many facilities throughout the country. They provide day care and boarding; usually you can take your dog in for free the first day and see how they like it.