Why would ALL 4 of my dogs just eat wood every chance they get?

Zoelinda MainZoelinda Main MartinsvillePosts: 2Member
They do not discriminate.... if it is wood, it gets chewed or eaten.... even the arm of my couch!

Best Answers

• Liz HardersenLiz Hardersen GranbyPosts: 5,862Member
    Accepted Answer
    Dogs chew… Kind of a fact of life. If you offer a range of bones, antlers, hooves and other safe appropriate chews and at the same time block access to wood in the house, you may reform your pack of "Beavers". BOL! Good luck.
  • Barbara SchneiderBarbara Schneider Posts: 212Member
    Accepted Answer
    I agree give them a variety of chew toys and bones. More likely they are bored. Give them some exercise...a tired dog is a happy owner.
  • chlo lylechlo lyle Posts: 4Member
    Accepted Answer
    had the same problem my dogs ruined the legs of a couple of tables the arm of the couch chairs and they had countless toys and bones to chew on i even tried no chew sprays it didnt work i resulted to hot sauce it worked for a while till finally i blocked then from wood and got a metal table they eventually grew out of it but still like a wood snack if they can get it this probably dosent help but that was my experience