Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

where can i get a PSD in Texas?

it would have to be no cost, i have the money to pay for food and vet and everything else the dog might need but i just cant afford a 5000+ dollar dog right now and getting a job for me is out of the question. i have pretty severe social anxiety and depression, bipolar, OOd, and ADD. my anxiety has gotten so bad that i wont leave the house unless i HAVE to. and i cant talk to people at all. i think that a service dog would really really help me get around all that! it would be nice if they were in the houston area or able to bring the dog to me as i just cant drive very far.

Best Answer

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Posts: 1,670Member
    Accepted Answer
    It does not sound like you will be able to give the dog the activity it would need. How would you be able to pay for vet care if the dog had medical bills? What if the dog needed vet attention and you were having an episode? I would discuss these with your physchiatrist and see what s/he suggests. A dog will not cure you or help you to be more active. Plus, service dogs are not given away unless someone has a severe disability such as deafness or blindness. Most people have dogs certified on their own, and it does not seem like you are capable of training a dog. Still, I would call service dog organizations and see what they suggest if you can afford one and can guarantee them that the dog would not end up neglected. ^_^