Need help.... So much confusion with misleading information

My parents do not have a fence and my dog escaped the house and wondered off into the neighbourhood my dog had ventured into a neighbours half fenced yard and was running up and down the 2nd neighbours fence with the 2nd neighbours 2 dogs (1 which is very dangerous) among all the excitement my dog had grabbed the 2nd neighbours dogs ear causing injury. What happens next the 2nd neighbour asked me to pay half the vet cost I am happy to pay half vet cost but now 2nd neighbour wants me to pay full costs. A little confused because 2nd neighbour has changed the version of the story 5 times in exactly 18 hrs- the day previous the 2nd neighbours dangerous dog had punchered my dogs ear not serious enough to rush to vet but enough to cause bleeding and severe pain and I did not take further action as I was aware that 2nd neighbours dog had escaped the yard and was not purposely let out but now it seem as though it has came back to bite me as I am faced with huge vet costs! My dog has never been vicious , she is a very playful dog and the incident was caughted on CCTV footage and on the footage it is clearly seen that the dogs were playing until the 2nd neighbours dog stuck his head through the fence as much as possible!