How should I be washed?

I know I'm not suppose to be washed, but my mommy brought me home from the outdoors to be an inside kitty, and I needed to be washed for fleas. I hate being submerged in water, are there any brilliant ways that I can be bathed??

Best Answer

• John MclarenJohn Mclaren Westlake VillagePosts: 69Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hii... You should make the cat bath entertaining and comfort. Follow the steps to wash your cat. 1. You should decide a perfect timing to wash her. 2. For your own protection you should use Clip, snip. 3. give your cat a gentle & good brushing to remove any loose hair and mats. 4. Place a rubber bath mat in the sink or tub where you will be bathing your kitty so she does not slip. 5. Use a hand-held spray hose to thoroughly wet your pet, taking care not to spray directly in her ears, eyes and nose. If you don’t have a spray hose, a plastic pitcher or unbreakable cup works great. 6. Gently massage your pet with a solution of one part cat shampoo. 7. Thoroughly rinse the shampoo off your cat with a spray hose or pitcher; again, be sure the water is lukewarm. 8. Use a washcloth to carefully wipe your pet’s face. 9. Wrap your cat in a large towel and dry her with it in a warm place, away from drafts. 10. Your little bathing beauty deserves endless praise—and her favorite treat—after all.

Comments

• Isabelle theriaultIsabelle theriault MonctonPosts: 5Member
    cat's should be washed ocasionally, if he has a toy or treats that he likes bring them as your baithing him and when he has good behaviour give it to him, get him used to the bathroom, while you take baths or showers bring him in there with you, always leave the door open perhaps even throw a few toys in there to get him used to the enviorment, hes most likely not going to love it and might complain, (mine doesn't) but most cat's aren't fans of being wet, try putting enough water in it so he can float and not jump and slip, fill it with warm water not hot but warm, give him a good brushing before and wash him with a gental cleansing shampoo, warm up a towel and put him into it right after, dry him out and put him in a nice cozy clean blanket, he'll most likely wan't to go lick himself that's ok, hope everything goes smoothly i recomend doing this occasionally as i've said to get the cat used to water in case he would need to be cleaned again in the futre, :) ps: trim the nails before:)
  • Hi there! Now it is no secret that flea baths are not the most enjoyable thing for a kitty. Especially the ones who HATE water. I would suggest maybe running, a cloth soaked in the flea bath water, over your kittys body to... trick the cat into thinking he or she is`nt actually getting a bath. Also make sure the timing is right. For example, If your kitty woke up in a bad mood, you probably should wait a day or two until he or she is back to normal. If all else fails, your kitty may just have to face their fears and have a bath anyways :( Hope this helped!