Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

How often can I bath my Yorkie

Best Answer

• Carlyn JeffersonCarlyn Jefferson Posts: 254Member
    Accepted Answer
    It really depends a lot on how oily his/her coat is, and what kind of shampoo you use. If you use something that really degreases (like Dawn. It's gentle on the skin, but gets rid of all the oils) and deodorizes, I'd say once a month is fine, If you use a super gentle organic shampoo (I LOVE Pal Dog products), then you can bathe every 2 weeks. It doesn't degrease very well tho, so sometimes I add a bit of Dawn to it. I'd advise using a conditioner as well, it'll make the fur extra soft ;) Bathing also depends on diet. If he gets a super quality diet, he might only need a bath every couple months (my Aussie/kelpie has never gotten a bath because he stinks, it's always just to clean the dirt) If bath time is too stressful or shampoo too harsh for more than once monthly treatments, you can get freshening sprays and foams also. My favorite is to mix equal parts cornstarch and baking soda, then add a few drops essential oil. You rub it in, wait 10min, brush out. Works GREAT! ^_ ^

Comments