My 6 month 50lb BMC mix walked very well on the leash when I got him(rescue dog.

Rescued 3/21/14 Home 3/24/14, medium-energy level, doesn’t like crate. 3 hours walking/jogging . Receiving injections for demodectic mange, treated for ring worm. Antibiotics for skin infection, antihistamine for itching, medicated bath/condition for skin yeast infection. Scheduled to be neutered asap. He walked very well on the leash when I got him. Nose at my knee, infrequent tugs; responded when I made clicking noise with tongue and gave the leash a little tug. Now..... prancy and darty, he swivels head in every direction, passing yards with dogs he stops and pulls towards yard. When dogs aren't fenced/tied and chase us I almost lose control. Have to slide his collar up high on his neck and hold leash right at the collar, almost feel I’m lifting him off ground (then I feel guilty). If he is not doing that, he is stopping every other step to sniff the ground and dragging along slowly behind me.