What to do when my puppy wails in pain while trying to defecate!?!?

I have a two month old terrier/chihuahua mix. He has already had his first round of booster shots and is fixing to get his second. At the start of this week, I have been trying to transition my puppy from wet foods to solid and he seemed fine the first two days. However, I noticed he has been scooting for almost a week now, but thought it was normal since i am changing his diet. Unfortunately, one day while letting him out to poop, i found worms in his poop and immediately called the vet to set up an appointment the next day. He has tapeworms. But this is not what is truly concerning seeing as he is starting treatment right now. Yesterday, while letting my puppy out to poop, he began to cry a piercing cry while pooping and running around trying to let it out. He seems to be in pain& I don't know what to do to treat &comfort him!? Please please help me, I just want my puppy to get better &be healthy and playful again! I am also a first time pet-owner. Has anyone else had this problem?