puppy help? (ROUNDworm, skin irritation etc)

I'm puppy siting for a friend. she told me that the dog previously had roundworms but was treated by the vet about 2 months ago and put on the liquid medication every 30 days for prevention. First question: how long does it take for the infestation of roundworms to be gone. like the dog completely parasite free. second question: I was rubbing his tummy and I found a red patch that seems to have yellow tint to it (its not crusty like ringworm though) that I'm worried about. not sure whether or not it's just a hot spot or something more. tell me what you think it looks like? I'm bringing in the puppy tomorrow morning to have stool tested and that patch looked at but in the meantime I could use some piece of mind (I have two cats and a dog and I don't want them getting anything. OR me and my family) Thank you!!!