Our 2 year old Chiweenie has suddenly started soiling her bed at night. We take her out late and no

She is perfectly house trained all the rest of the time and is a jem in every other way. We get her out of her crate (which she loves) in the morning and her demeanor tells us if she has soiled her bed or not. She is very ashamed if she has, but things don't seem to change.

Best Answers

• Elliott ShifmanElliott Shifman ChicagoPosts: 3Member
    Accepted Answer
    I would go to your local vet and see if they can do anything about it. #elliottshifman
  • Linda KiffLinda Kiff Dothan, ALPosts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    Some spayed females develop some incontinence issues (just as post menopausal women do). Vets have a variety of treatments depending on exactly what is causing it. I.E. Bacterial infection, or atrophied girly bits.

Comments

• If she is just wetting the bed it is possible that she needs a hormone replacement. I have had this issue with two spayed females. They wet when napping or at night and the docs immediately diagnosed the issue - the medication worked immediately. Hope this helps. If she is doing #2 at night I suggest you give her an additional trip outside right before bedtime. Good luck