8 Month old German Shepherd passed away while sleeping in crate last night

I found the perfect female, 8 month old German Shepherd through reputable breeder in California. She was perfectly healthy when we got her 2 weeks ago, and perfectly healthy when we put her to bed last night. I had just taken her to the vet for a full checkup (including blood work and stool samples). All normal. Last night, before we put her to bed (we were crate training her), I took her on a walk, we played in the yard, then I laid with her on the couch for an hour or so. She was so playful and PERFECTLY normal. I put her in her (large) crate to go to bed, then went to my bedroom to go to sleep. Everything was normal. This morning, she was lying down in crate (she passed), with blood around mouth and ****. She looked like she was still sleeping. Vet can't determine cause. I thought poison, but there's nothing in or around the house. She had a Bully Stick yesterday, but she's had them before. I am devastated and just want answers. Any idea of what caused her to pass